Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bouquets

Bouquets are the loveliest things! Especially the impromptu kind like this one created for me by one of our daughters on our family weekend at the beach. Such a sweet girl! When you are a Mummy you tend to get given lots of little bouquets gathered together in a chubby, grubby hand but it is extra nice when they still do it even though they are all grown up!

My Darling Man is not really the flower buying kind - however on the odd occasion when he does I am really chuffed! The other day I asked him to get me some parsley from the garden to chop and sprinkle in our hot, butter-y new potatoes. He presented it to me in bouquet fashion which rather appealed to me. I said, "Oh darling you have brought me flowers!" He is a kind and thoughtful man who gives me many 'bouquets' of thoughtfulness and words of appreciation which mean a lot more to me than a florist-bought bouquet anyway!

I think bouquets are any kind of little thoughtfulness-es that spur us on and lift our spirits. Like when Darling Man says, "Thank you so much for doing my washing." I have been doing his washing for years now but I do like that he still regularly shows his appreciation for that.

Our little niece gave me a bouquet when we were with them at New Year. It was a single rose that we wrapped carefully in damp tissue and foil so that I could transport it back to my house and pop it in a vase. It didn't stay fresh for long in these hot summer temperatures but it has 'aged' in the most charming way so my 'antique' rose is still on my window sill for me to enjoy long after it was given to me.
Today I have been working on our daughter's wedding dress and have finally stitched the last stitch and it's all ready for one final fitting. I then firmly stitched the teeny wee bouquet back on my, freshly washed, old blue garter so she can wear it on her wedding day too! I will always treasure the time spent with her as we have worked on her dress together. Beautiful, darling girl!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post DG. It gave me lovely warm feelings of a loving family that I will carry off with me. Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers they would have to be one of the things i love the most, each week i take myself down to our local garden centre that sells the most amazing lillies for $5 a bunch or 3 for $10 i bring them home arrange them in the vase i love the best for that day and watch them, with this heat the sent of them is amazing but they do not like it that much with the hose shut up all day. I love to as a treat send my lovely husband flowers, carefully chosen words for the lovely wee card that go with them, he still has all the cards right from the first bunch i sent him. He also will send or stop on his way home to bring me a bunch of lillies as they are my fav!
    I did not know that one of the girls was getting married i am sure it will be a happy and special ocassion, Love Cousin Del

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter