Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Boys



I have just finished knitting a hoodie for each of our two lovely little grandsons. Kaedin recently celebrated his first birthday and Floyd is 6 months old now. They are so darling and give us so much pleasure. I love to talk about them and I especially enjoy refering to them as 'the boys' after having all girls ourselves. It just sounds so nice to me and different. They are beginning to take more notice of each other now and sort of 'play' together. Kaedin is very enthusiastic about Floyd and likes to kiss and hug him a lot. Floyd is however a little unsure of his exuberant affection at times. I asked the girls to do me a little photo shoot when they tried the hoodies on yesterday....
... so now I am all ready to start something for our new little grandaughter. Lola Adele Maria Verhij joined our family 2 weeks ago much to the delight of us all. 'It's a girl' YAY! I met up with Annah and Lola at the wool shop to choose a shade of Debbie Bliss cashmerino so I can knit her a little cardy for next winter. She has been given so many lovely knitted things for now so I can relax and take my time over this next project. She is pictured below wearing a gorgeous little set made by her great-grandmother and my mother. When I was a baby it would have been called a layette. I love the way Mum has adapted her knitting to keep it stylish and relevant to today's babies. She also made Lola a beautiful blanket that Annah really loves.

 I know I haven't written my blog for ages and you may well be thinking I am only using it as an excuse to brag about my grandies - well it is true - I confess. However to get back into my blogging I did need to up-date you with what has been going on in our lives and it has been quite a bit as you can see. Three grandchildren within a year has been pretty full-on - but very lovely!





5 comments:

  1. Good to see you back blogging, and you should be proud of your grandies.They are beautiful enjoy every moment you can with them.
    I think it will be a while before our girls bless us....which in a way I am happy about as it means we can escape for a while and see the world. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon How lovely to have your blog back up and running again, it is always a lovely read, hope all is well with you and all the grand babies love to you all Delwyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sharon
    Great to see your blog up and running again.Grandies are so much fun.I always think of that saying something along the lines of, if Id known granchildren where so much fun Id have had them first.enjoy gael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your wee grandies are so wonderful. I've not been blogging for a while.. and was very excited to see your blog on mine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter