Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Birthday Love

I love hearts because I love LOVE. Love is just the greatest thing! It wins over every time... if in doubt, do the loving thing I say. Love overlooks an offense and love always seeks the other persons best. Love just works! Especially with husbands and children, super-especially when they are teenagers! Love even works with enemies!

So a gift of hearts from one of our darling girls and her man on my birthday was well LOVE- ly!
I had to open it 'the eve of' as they were heading away on holiday.

My birthday was special in so many ways - I feel that a big wave of LOVE just came my way and crashed right over me! It began early with this really soft, sweet, loving phone message from one darling girl who was also heading off on holiday. I saved it so I can listen to it again! I got lots of beautiful presents... another wee heart for my wall from my wee-est sister, handmade soaps, Ferrero Rocher chocolates, suitably domestic cupcake-y note cards, a journal with 50's sewing pics, a gorgeous nightie - just what I was thinking I needed - that little bit extra dashing cause it came in the mail from France! Alexa Johnson's next baking book times two! Fantastic! My Mum & Dad and our darling girl KNOW how I like to bake! No problems, I will send one copy to family in France and buy myself something else to replace it!

I got an especially beautiful bunch of honoring, loving WORDS from Darling Man that were just spot on the button and underwear and perfume to go with them! We had a lovely arvo at Raglan with our friends including Fish n Chips for early dinner. On the way home we called on one of our darling girls and her hubby and had 'tea' which included delicious, freshly baked 'Madelines' (wee French sponges) that she has been perfecting since her time in France. Her hubby says the raw mixture is real tasty too! Lovely, lovely! And it just keeps going on - another darling girl called in a couple of days later with her fiance presenting me with a SCRABBLE game and a happy, HAPPY card that he choose! Darling girl is real particular with cards and takes some long time to choose very carefully and he just whipped right alongside her, in no time at all and said, "What about this one?" And that one it was - great choice too!

A long conversation with my sister in France - not in French like the wee "Sister's" book she sent me which happens to match the English version she sent me in 2002! A text message from a neat friend I haven't heard from for ages and some nice Birthday emails about brings the birthday love to a close for another year... however the wave of love just keeps on rolling over me. I do just love LOVE - it's a good thing to give heaps of it away and very now and then it's real nice to be on the receiving end of a huge wave of it too!

4 comments:

  1. Aw mum you're a liddle softy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liliana sings this song taught to her by a recent nanny...complete with loads of arm actions.... "LOVE is something if you give it away, give it away, give it away...LOVE is something if you give it away.. it comes right back to you...just like a magic penny...spend it...spend it..don't keep any..give it away, give it away and it comes right back to you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lili that's a beautiful little song! I'd love to see you sing that and do the actions! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great birthday
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter