Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blankie

The Baby Blankie is finished! After its squares lay, set out in place on the spare bed for weeks on end - I finally tackled the job of sewing it up. I had even made the edging already. I must admit the thought of all that sewing up seemed a little overwhelming - which is the main reason I did LOT of procrastinating! I reasoned that there are not any grand-babies in sight yet so I have plenty of time! Now its all finished and I am rapt with my own little make-shift edging scheme that I dreamed up. It has worked just fine. I simply continued with the garter stitch thing, only on large needles, increasing at each end initially to create a mitre-d corner, then increasing in every alternate stitch a couple of rows on to get a slight 'ruffling' effect.


So the blankie is done and dusted. I threw it over my Darling Man since he was snoozing on the couch - to show him my handiwork - I told him it was for one of his mokopuna's so he gave it a big cuddle in anticipation! He's gonna be a FANTASTIC grand-daddy!

5 comments:

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter