Friday, November 13, 2009

Little Notes

I REALLY like nice writing paper and notecards. Even as a child I can remember being quite satisfied with a gift of nice writing paper - 'perfumed' was all the rage, with maybe little sprigs of flowers or a kitten sat in the corner...
These days I can also be kept amused for ages looking at greetings cards... some are really funny and make me laugh out loud. It's even better if you are shopping with a friend and you can enjoy the joke together and return it to the shelf without parting with any money!

Over the last couple of days I have been enjoying a little note given to me by my friend. It was just a random thing declaring her appreciation for my friendship. It came with a gift. I have sat the little card and dinky envelope on my dresser and it 'winks' at me whenever I walk into the room. This allows me to enjoy those warm feelings of being loved and appreciated all over again!

I like nice writing paper and notecards because I too like to send random notes to people by snail mail, to let them know they are valued or that something marvellous that they did or said was noticed and appreciated. We mostly only get bills in the mail box these days don't we? So to get a handwritten note or letter is such a treat! Honestly it is the best spent 50 cents to take the time to love somebody with words - and with a stash of nice paper and notecards in the cupboard we can do it in style!

7 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful gift in writing Sharon. For yvonne and me it is a quite inspirational and refreshing interlude into pedestrian lifestyles! Great, keep it up please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I just loved your thoughts about reading the cards, laughing with our legs crossed and not paying a penny. How many of us do that ????
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Receiving a note from a friend has for
    me the same affect as looking at beautiful flowers or a beautiful diamond.
    Also to receive words of encouragement
    on a pretty card at a time of hardship
    is uplifting to know that another is caring.
    It's a simple gesture that I love to give
    to others too when I'm aware that a message
    can make all the difference; there is joy in
    simplicity, and a humble thoughtfulness is
    quiet and peaceful.
    Sharon I haven't kept in touch on a
    regular basis with your blog but want to
    say how lovely you write on the little pleasures of life and sharing.
    Del M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I just found your blog. I also love nice writing paper and cards. i have displayed special cards that came in the mail from friends in a frame on my kitchen wall so i can look at them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments and encouragements all you beautiful people!Those I know already and nice to hear from a new friend - Widge - that's a cool idea to display special cards - mega-multiplies the enjoyment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, Cousin Katrina here....funny looking at your blog at this very moment as I have ten minutes ago taken a cute card out of a pile I keep in a drawer to send to Josh's girlfreind and the mother to be of our first grandbaby! I was going to tell her what a lovely young woman she is and how delighted we are to have her in our lives.They live several hours from us and Josh is in Brazil for a month, I figured she would enjoy the card for all the reasons you eluded to!The card also has a short but simple recipe printed on the back so she can turn her hand to a sumptuous little treat when she fancies.Keep up the lovely notes you add, I really enjoy reading them xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katrina what a lovely 'grand-mummy-to-be' you are! So wise to nurture such a special person in your life with loving words, gratitude and encouragement!!!! I'm sure it will mean heaps to Josh too. Thanks for your comment xoxox

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter