Monday, April 12, 2010

Dahlia

I knew there would eventually be a near-perfect specimen to bring into our house to float in a bowl! I have watched and waited, checked and inspected these top-heavy, bobbing flower heads over quite some long time... I even rescued the scraggy bush from a certain close shave with the lawn-mower! They have faithfully sprung up, year after year outside My Darling Man's 'Blokes Shed' bringing late summer cheer to my daily visits to the clothesline. They are 'old school' and in our garden relegated to the 'workman's' area in the back-blocks where no-one really sees them!

On my little rescue mission to 'stake' the bug-ridden beauties I discovered that My Darling Man had left the perfect piece of equipment for that exact job. C U T E!
A length of fishing line with a loop and a wee lead sinker that once connected up provided the perfectly balanced, invisible 'tie' to suspend the flowers up and away from the ground!
So there you have it - a stunning, old fashioned beauty brightening up our breakfasts in the stunning, Autumn morning light!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely - a dahlia lover I am,
    they flower on with a regular trim.
    I like the old fashioned flowers -
    I must look out for bulbs and get planting;
    forgot to bring some when I moved house.
    Del M

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter