Saturday, April 3, 2010

Passion

'Note to self' to plant a passion-fruit vine so that we have our own passion-fruit to eat fresh, put in icings and extra to squirrel away into ice-block trays in the freezer! It is just the tastiest thing - there is nothing else quite like it. It reminds me of pavlova and cheesecake toppings of '70's desserts and this amazing jam that my friend's Mum used to make when I was at High School. Recently I used it in icing on a custard square I made for a Sunday family dinner... we all enjoyed it along with each others company and cooking! My Darling Man has a 'passion' for our family to get together so he has instigated a family gathering around early tea on a Sunday evening at our place.


The Passion is also what they call the Easter Story of Jesus' death and resurrection. This is the time of year we can be reminded of His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins. It was an awful thing that He went through but I sure am glad He did it - it gives us the opportunity to set things to rights between us and God and I am grateful for that. This Sunday we will have some chocolate goodies at our family picnic gathering thanks to my Dad & Mum who still like to buy us all Easter Eggs! Nice!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like passionfruit icing on a custard square! So delicious. I've been drawn to passionfruit myself lately. Happy Easter to you =)

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter