Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Traffic Light

Who can remember 'Traffic Light' ice-blocks? Watching our son-in-law's capsicum change colour day by day as it sunned itself on our bench reminds me of exactly that! Honestly, for those who don't know WHAT I'm on about, it's an ice-block identical to this capsicum! Our Darling Girl gave it to us green and told us it would change to red and so it has! That's the great thing about having grown up children who do gardening... we get to enjoy some of the fruit of their labour's as well as our own.

Another of our Darling Girls gave us some of their mild chili peppers AND her man's delicious relish. He caramelizes it away until it is a sticky, gorgeous, rich, saucy delight! 'Better than mine'! - I told my Darling Man.

And then when we get together for family dinner on a Sunday night we get to sample their delicious cooking too!

Share the produce, share the culinary exploits and share the family LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. i loved the traffic light drink at Cobb and Co when we were kids- such a treat! thats a very cool capsicum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have traffic light iceblocks sitting in my freezer at the moment.. My daarrrling man enjoys them after a day in the sunshine! xx

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter