Saturday, April 10, 2010

Light Up My Life

I love the early morning light that bursts into our home when I perform the daily ritual of opening the curtains. It's especially lovely at this time of year.


I love the pattern that my retro, cane lampshade makes on the ceiling.




I love the swirly shadows the afternoon sunlight filtering through the net curtains makes on the wooden floor in my 'special room'.






I love the dreamy light that's cast about by these old '70's glass light shades installed with candles.
I picked them up from the local 'transfer station' slash rubbish dump retail store!!!!

In fact I LOVE LIGHT - it's so fantastic - it gives LIFE to so many things!

"No one lights a lamp, then hides it in a drawer. It's put on a lamp stand so those entering the room have light to see where they are going. Your eye is a lamp, lighting up your whole body. If you live wide-eyed in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. Keep your eyes open, your lamp burning, so you don't get musty and murky. Keep your life as well-lighted as your best-lighted room."
JESUS' brilliant, true words recorded in Luke 11:33-36
The Message Bible.

Self - explanatory!

3 comments:

  1. I love your pics - you're an artist and a writer Sharon ! Stunning.
    I'm a lover of light, and reflections,
    and candles etc.
    Thank you for this gorgeous array to view,
    and words :)
    Del M

    ReplyDelete
  2. How all these LIGHT things dazzle us and catch our interest. Also love open fires, outdoor braziers, citrolena lanterns in the garden, garden lights pointed upwards to light up a tree, sunsets of all colours..... the LIGHT list goes on. Your Luke reference is worded beautifully in TMB too. Have a great day Sharon. Glo T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lights and great scripture!!

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter