Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beach-combing

My kitchen is small and cosy.... and I'm totally cool with that! But if I'm in the full-swing of baking or cooking and have something hot in my hand I am often in search of a safe spot to dump it in a hurry! While out and about near the sea recently we found something that fits the bill perfectly. We were on the rocks near a boat club and I looked down and saw this flat, weathered piece of a boat complete with old, worn lugs at each end - leaving heaps of room in between to pop a hot thing on a flat surface while it cools a little! I felt a little uncomfortable with the idea of walking back to the car with this old plank of wood tucked under my arm... what if someone saw us and asked us why we were removing it??? I mean how far can one go when beach-combing - what are the ethics of such a thing? Thankfully my Darling Man doesn't suffer any such cautionary thoughts. 'I'll carry it for you.' he said. I like it for it's rustic charm and it's also a little memoir of a lovely day 'out and about scamper and shout' enjoying the beautiful coastline and each others company. Complete with popping in for a cuppa with our lovely friends who share our appreciation of all things earthy and rustic!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I love your new board, makes me want to do some creative beach combing myself. The things you find when your expectation is nilch!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter