Friday, March 5, 2010

From My Kitchen Window

Sometimes as I walk past my kitchen sink bench I catch a glimpse out the window that takes my breath away! A beautiful sunset to close my day's work in the most magnificent way! The bench is clear, the oven is cold and my apron is hanging on it's peg. A moment to reflect and be awestruck and thankful.

During the day if I look beyond a few rooftops, my window affords me views of rolling hills, hedges and trees.... cattle grazing and the occasional tractor slowly making it's way across my horizon. And it changes all the time through the various seasons and different days weather. We live 'in town' but I love that we still have an outlook. One of the first things my Darling Man assesses a property by is 'outlook' - it must have one for it to rate in his books! Fair enough too, I have come to appreciate the importance of it more and more as time goes by. It is a wonderful thing to be able to 'look beyond' both in the physical and in the spiritual realm as well. Hope is kept alive by being able to look beyond our present circumstances to a brighter future. Meanwhile I am very content with every daily blessing as well as the magnificent glimpses of heaven's beauty that my Creator paints in the sky for me to view from my kitchen window!

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous picture! I too am often captivated by the awesome "pictures" God surprises us with. They are often, like sunsets, only the same for minutes or seconds, changing from quite spectacular to a bit on the ordinary side (if a sunset can be called ordinary) so quickly but they never fail to fill me with a new hope and remind me of God's absolute sovereignty and promises. SJx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi cousin Delywn here, sometimes i sit on our deck and look into the lowering sun, since we live on a hill this gives us a great out look. I think of the day that has been what we have been thru that day and the days to come. Raising an 18 year old son is never an easy job and this time that i sit and watch the sun go down allowes me time to reflect on tho even he has made some bad decisions he is still a fantastic son, a hug from him puts sunshine in your heart, the kiss goodbye in the morning and i love you make all the bad things go away. then at night when i am sitting on my chair reflecting my loving husband will often join me and we will sit there in the most comfortable silence reflecting together on what we have and what is in store for us.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is beautiful.
    I find myself doing the same thing.
    we live on a street full of houses but even as I drive up our street towards our house I have a view of mountains that I appreciate almost everyday. such a simple thing that are easily missed if you're not even looking for them.
    I also keep a top window open in our lounge at night where I can see only the tops of trees and for the last few nights a full bright shining moon that has had me awestruck, even telling my husband "check this out!"...is this a sign I'm getting old ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunsets can have an amzing impact on everyone no matter where they live. Living near the beach I love being there when the sun goes down, however that does not happen often enough. As Delwyn says sitting out on the pergola looking over the back yard (although the sun sets the other direction) is a great place to reflect on how the day has gone.... for me now the girls are older it is done in silence which in itself is a blessing :-)

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter