Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Julie and Julia

Me and one of our Darling girls finally got to watch Julie and Julia as we had been planning for ages - way back when it was still showing on the big screen. A little behind the times I know but it didn't take anything away from my enjoyment of it. In fact the wait only heightened my anticipation! I loved it! It had all the essential ingredients for an excellent movie experience from my point of view. Exotic places, charming domestic life and love, love, love - the couples were so sweet but real as well AND to top it all off it was based on two true stories of real live people. That always goes down well with me. AND they were writers - kindred spirits both of them! Women after my own heart!


Before we pushed PLAY we made Frozen Lemon Crunch Dessert together. I'm sure she could have managed it beautifully without my demonstration but she did me the honour of allowing herself to be instructed! We both decided we needed a proper Lemon Zester for such times but agreed that we never remembered to buy one. Then as we were viewing, she, who is a skilled multi-tasker was making this gorgeous Roast Vege Salad. Consequently gorgeous smells were wafting on through to where we were sat... The culinary exploits both on and off screen made for a really pleasant arvo!

We had a family meal together on Sunday - another of our Darling Girls had by this time, watched the movie too and her man told me he feels pretty sure he can remember his Grandma watching Julia Child's cooking show on television YEARS ago! Anyone else out there remember her show from way back?

The little PS to it all is this - yesterday our Darling Girl called in to see us. She had a gift for me in hand - a Lemon Yester! I feel thoroughly spoilt, specially thought of and all loved up! AND absolutely busting to dash down to CIVIC VIDEO to hire the movie all over again and watch it with my Darling Man! He'll love it too... I think??? Well he'll tolerate it on account of moi anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't it fab!!
    I always forget to buy a zester too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha the humble and oft overlooked Zester aye... well now I have one in my drawer begging to do some zesting at a moments notice AND Yes, the Fab-iest of Fab movies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved julie and julia esp when meryl/ julia is chopping the onions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, very funny especially when her husband comes home and can't even enter the room!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
web page hit counter
web page hit counter